GitHub is the place where over 50 million developers host and review code, manage projects and collaborate on the software that powers the modern world.
GitHub’s Strategic Finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst to focus on Investments & Infrastructure. The role provides the opportunity to build a diverse skill set centered around optimizing and scaling a high growth SaaS business.
- Planning & Measuring: Plan for GitHub’s strategic operational and infrastructure investments; drive the business to allocate capital efficiently. Collaborate directly with leaders of the Engineering, Product, and Design divisions and members of the senior leadership team to develop plans, set goals, and execute against those goals to enable the business to achieve its objectives
- Reporting & Communication: Drive monthly reporting packages that articulate the health of the business and influence business investments. Support workforce management to make it easy for teams to hire against their plans and to focus their energy on designing, building, and securing the world’s best developer products and services
- Strategic Business Partnership: Regularly collaborate and build relationships with business partners to understand the changing goals and priorities of the business. Use this information to support agile investment trade off decisions
- Work Experience: At least 3 years of relevant work experience. Examples include investment banking / equity research, corporate finance / valuations, VC / PE, or strategic finance / FP&A
- Technical Skills: Experience with sophisticated financial modeling and working with large data sets
- Detail Oriented: Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal storyteller with the ability to explain complex financial concepts to a variety of audiences
- Business Intuition: Solid understanding of the key drivers of a SaaS business; adept at moving around a P&L and driving for accountability
- Interpersonal Skills: Build trust and effectively collaborate cross-functionally
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.