We’re looking for an Advertising Strategist to join our specialized team dedicated to bringing Clearbit Advertising to market. We call this “the Ads Team”.
What’s an Advertising Strategist? Great question, person in my head. The role can best be described as “an advertising consultant with the mindset of a product marketer.” Your job is to work closely with our customers, partners, and internal teams (e.g. product) to bring the best in consumer advertising to an outdated B2B marketing landscape.
This is a high-visibility role with an opportunity to have a transformative impact on the direction of our team, our product, and the broader B2B ads industry.
At Clearbit, we help our customers build unstoppable growth engines. Our products enable businesses to understand their customers, generate demand, act on intent, and increase conversions all the way down the funnel. Today, Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B companies including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian.
About the role
As the company’s first Advertising Strategist, you will report to the General Manager of Clearbit Advertising. Think of this team as a scrappy, cross-functional ”startup within a startup,” tasked with successfully bringing our new advertising product to market.
The Advertising Strategist’s job is to learn, build, and teach. You will work deeply with our prospects, customers, and partners to understand their problems, and how to make them successful. You will use that insight to test and build new “paths to value” (think: strategic frameworks, use cases, tactics, and product solutions). Then, you will work with the team to teach and evangelize your findings to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Consult on trials, onboarding, and long-term success projects. Consult with customers on their demand generation strategy, campaign execution, and ad performance. Then, use those conversations to identify problems and opportunities that will direct the product roadmap, inform new content, and improve customer onboarding.
- Build and manage trial, onboarding, and strategic success processes. Work closely with prospects and customers to identify fast and effective paths to value. Work with our go-to-market and product teams to build effective processes for trialing, onboarding, and supporting customers long-term.
- Test and validate new product features, use cases, and tactics. Work with customers and agencies to develop, test, and document new targeting and advertising tactics on Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn. Combine data and storytelling to develop case studies for customers and partners.
- Develop training for customers, agency partners, and internal teams. Develop and lead training programs to ensure successful product implementation, strategy development, and campaign execution.
- Develop best practices & thought leadership. Work with our content team to translate our customers’ success into frameworks and playbooks that can be shared with the broader B2B advertising community. Lead the charge in helping the industry mature, grow, and thrive.
What will set you up for success?
- You have deep technical knowledge and experience developing and executing digital ad campaigns(Facebook and Google preferred, in a B2B or B2C context). You understand how the platforms work, under the hood (e.g. how does the auctions work? How does campaigns structure impact performance?). You may not have all the answers, but you’re always searching.
- You understand the B2B buying process.You have a strong understanding of the B2B buying process, marketing objectives, and strategies. You can effectively apply your advertising expertise to different B2B strategies, and demonstrate the impact.
- You’re data-driven. As a performance marketer you understand how to structure a controlled test, how to read and interpret reports, and communicate that interpretation into insights that are compelling and easy to understand.
- You have a growth mindset.You’re comfortable operating in uncertainty, able to root out first principles, build structure out of chaos, and “ figure it out”.
- You are a creative, first principles thinker.You solve problems through a deep understanding of the fundamentals. You build playbooks that fit the problem, instead of borrowing and applying ones that don’t.
- You love to teach. You are excited about the idea of training and consulting with customers, partners, and employees. You enjoy sharing your wealth of knowledge and helping others become more effective marketers.
Working at Clearbit
We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so that it’s easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you to grow (kindly) and ask for the same in return.
Building a company takes a physical and mental toll, which is why we think it’s incredibly important to make sure that we provide benefits that focus on physical, mental and nutritional health. Some of our benefits include:
– Competitive salary and meaningful equity-
Health, dental, and vision for you and your family
– Paid parental leave
– Mental health resources, coaching and therapy sessions
If you would like to read about our values check out this blog post. We invite you to ask questions about these if you are interested, and we would love to talk to you about what we are doing to live these values.
We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don’t believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.
Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.