At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app — one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
Hopper embraces a modern approach to learning designed to bring the best out of our people. Our employees learn virtually and often asynchronously from all over the world, alongside a superstar training team to guide their growth and success.
As a Learning Specialist, you will design, develop, and implement learning strategies, courses, and content to help our Customer Service team reach peak performance. In this role, you will assume ownership of one of our travel verticals or product groups’ learning needs and work directly with those stakeholders to deliver timely, meaningful, and relevant training for our agents. You will also help continually improve our onboarding program, leadership development initiatives, and upskilling efforts.
- Develop and implement learning strategies that drive performance
- Conduct regularly a training needs analysis (TNA) with stakeholders
- Create content for on-demand training courses, mainly through Coassemble
- Build, organize, and optimize all learning materials (facilitator guides, job aids, activities, etc.)
- Facilitate remote training in a virtual classroom
- Manage LMS and assign courses and learning paths
- Use data to evaluate the effectiveness of training
- Implement best practices that support adult learning
- Experiment with new ideas—we are an adventurous bunch
A perfect candidate has:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience working in learning & development, preferably in SaaS and/or travel
- At least two years of experience in learning program management, facilitation, and instructional design
- Understanding of common learning theories and models (Knowles, Bloom, Gagne, Kirkpatrick, etc.)
- Previous experience working and teaching remotely
- Excellent direct communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to create solutions for operational problems
- Passion for mentorship and people development
- Material experience in responding quickly and efficiently to organizational and operational changes
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.