Outschool’s mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 500,000 learners have taken more than over 2M class hours. We’ve more than tripled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 80 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $57M since founding with most of that still in the bank. Our sales have grown 2000% in the past year to reach a run-rate of more than $100M.
We’re an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families, teachers and organizations than ever before. We’re committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
For Outschool users, interacting with other community members is a fundamental part of their customer experience. Our teachers rely on each other for advice, ideas, and emotional support. Our parents seek advice from each other on what classes to take. Our learners interact with each other every day in their classes. Over the past few months, our community has grown to thousands of active teachers, and hundreds of thousands of active parents and learners, all of whom rely on each other and us more than ever. The Director of Community will lead and grow our community team to deepen and broaden these relationships.
- Lead the community function at Outschool as part of the customer experience team
- Create thriving, inclusive communities for parents, teachers, and learners
- Drive growth, engagement, and retention via community initiatives
- Collaborate with marketing, support, and other stakeholders
- Manage our groups and forums for Outschool users
- Collaborate with marketing to manage our public-facing social channels
- Manage and grow our community team
- Adopt and amplify our culture
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- You have 4+ years experience managing large online communities
- You have 4+ years experience hiring, leading and managing community teams
- You’re a senior leader with a track record of success
- You have experience with education, marketplaces, or parent-oriented companies
- You are a strong voice of the customer and can drive change within Outschool
- You’re able to build process, structure, and teams
- You bring a creative spark to your work
- You can make tough judgment calls and handle sensitive situations before they escalate
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.