Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is seeking a Director- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion who has the passion and appetite to lead the organization in building and maintaining a culture that is world class in its inclusivity and performance focus. A crucial addition to the General Assembly leadership team, the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will report directly to the VP – People and will oversee Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) across General Assembly’s entire community (internal staff, our instructors, students, partners). This role will partner with members of leadership to craft a comprehensive DEI strategy, build a roadmap of efforts aligned with this strategy and coordinate initiatives across the organization in line with our goal to uphold a performance driven and inclusive culture. The Director- DEI will pair business acumen, perspective and integrity and trust to ensure all voices are heard within the organization for the utmost inclusion and diversity of thought to ensure General Assembly is able to achieve its organizational goals. In this role, the Director- DEI will lead the diversity agenda across the globe for General Assembly and ensure inclusion is at the forefront of all leadership level business initiatives and that all organizational efforts are aligned with GA’s inclusion values. They will ensure that each member of leadership and each employee values diversity and inclusion and upholds equitability across their teams. The Director- DEI will partner with our Employee Resource Groups and Inclusion organizations to ensure ultimate engagement and move key initiatives prioritized by these groups forward within the company. This individual will implement inclusion programs not only across the US but will use their perspective to implement inclusion practices across international markets while being mindful of all cultures, employees and students alike.
- Support the implementation of new/revised practices, policies or procedures in line with our DEI strategy
- Monitor progress and adjust course over time based on data-driven insights
- Creates and works to enhance staff DEI accountability through collaboration and enhancing people practices (i.e. hiring, onboarding, performance management)
- Leads external learning and presentation opportunities
- Discovers cross-team needs, develop a clear project roadmap, and lead cross-functional teams in executing priorities based on needs from org-wide DEI councils
- Experience running interactive trainings on diversity, equity and inclusion for all levels within an organization
- Passion for working collaboratively, and independently – you are emotionally intelligent, you are an exceptional project manager, you love thinking big picture, investing others in the big picture, and value people as the key to the success of any exceptional organization
- Experience driving DEI across an international and heavily remote organization
- High analytical and data literacy (strong reasoning and strategic thinking skills; ability to analyze data to draw accurate conclusions that inform strategy)
- Strong communication (written and verbal)
- Exceptional reliability and integrity and ability to responsibly handle confidential information with discretion
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.