- Be a strong advocate and voice in the development of software.
- Design, create and maintain scalable cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Development automation, processes and tools with an eye towards availability, latency, performance and capacity.
- Be a mentor for a growing team of SREs, coaching them in engineering excellence
- Provide an application security and compliance lens on designs and code reviews.
- Support a running production environment and aid Product Owners in responding to customer facing issue
- Develop and enhance tools to improve observability of the events of our sub-systems (as championed by Charity Majors)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong development skills in any modern programming language.
- Knowledge of network architecture and internet security best practices
- Skilled at containerizing applications with Docker or similar technology
- Ability to create, manage, and deploy infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Ability to deploy, configure, and utilize monitoring and tracing services, such as New Relic and Datadog
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts to peers and non-technical persons respectfully and clearly
- Ability to troubleshoot performance problems and system outages.
- Strong knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Skilled at implementing secure, public facing AWS Cloud based systems.
- Ability to configure and manage AWS services such as CloudFront, IAM, Route 53, S3, RDS, et al
- Experience with regulatory regimes such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Experience implementing security controls for AWS environments, including setup and management of authentication controls, VPN’s, KMS, etc
- Experience operating and querying an ELK stack or similar solution
- Knowledge of functional programming languages and philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!)
- Experience in a startup environment, or as a fully remote employee – we use Slack and Zoom extensively, and our team is largely comprised of remoters
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise.
- Comprehensive Health / Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program.
- Company-provided Workstation You have the option of getting a brand new Macbook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation We are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.