- Manage the 8-strong iOS engineering team, with the assistance of a lead iOS engineer.
- Have regular 1:1s with the iOS team and perform annual performance reviews.
- Maintain our happy and healthy culture, and advocate for your engineers across the company.
- Act as the hiring manager for the iOS team, screening resumes, performing interviews and growing the team with the best talent the world has to offer.
- Monitor the stability of the iOS app via internal dashboards and external stability tracking tools.
- Enforce our release train model of shipping to production every two weeks.
- Ensure that the team’s continuous integration platform (Fastlane & Gitlab CI) is dependable, trustworthy, and green.
- Triage Jira tickets as they are filed. Ensure the important work gets done and that the engineers’ workloads are perfectly balanced.
- Have a sense of a management style that works for you, but be flexible to adapt to the needs and style of your team.
- Ensure your team’s codebase, tooling & dependencies are up to date.
- Demonstrated progression in technical capability.
- Demonstrated experience directly managing 4 or more engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, ideally from a computer science degree.
- Experience managing mobile engineers building native apps. Ideally iOS engineers.
- Engineering experience building iOS apps.
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
- Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
- Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
- Stock Options – every employee is an owner in Scribd!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Catered meals – breakfast, lunch & dinner catered 5 days/week
- Referral bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
- Learning & Development and Coaching programs
- Monthly Wellness benefit + free onsite gym
- Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
- Work Life Balance flexibility
- Company events + Scribdchats
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.