The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Quora’s Growth Partnerships team focuses on driving revenue impact by executing sales programs and serving as strategic partners for our advertising customers. We’re a group of ambitious, entrepreneurial individuals spread out across three continents who love talking with our customers as well as launching and optimizing the strategic processes by which we serve them. We strive to be experts in digital advertising, growth strategies, sales, and customer service and we move quickly to deliver as much impact as possible.
About the Role:
You’ll be the founding member of Quora’s Outbound Growth Sales team in the US. Over the past two years, we’ve leveraged Quora’s unique brand to build high ROI inbound sales programs within the SMB segment. We’re now ready to scale up our SMB outbound efforts. Reporting to the Head of Growth, you will immediately be given AE and CSM headcount – and quickly create a best in market repeatable outbound process. This is not a player coach role – we are looking for a true sales leader – this manager will not have an individual quota. The ideal candidate has experience building and leading scaled sales teams at a top technology publisher.
- Launch, lead, and build our first ever Outbound Growth Sales Team
- Hire Growth AE’s and CSM and own quota for the entire US SMB market
- Develop account based strategies, participate in complex/high value calls, and coach your reps as needed to hit goal
- Coach your team to identify, outreach to, and activate new clients, helping them realize the value of Quora’s platform
- Leverage scaled tools such as outreach.io and Salesforce to automate sales activity where efficient
- Develop the playbook for handoff process from AE to CSM and establish key KPI’s in addition to quota attainment
- Help your reps optimize and scale their marketing initiatives both pre and post-sale
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 5+ years experience in SMB or mid market sales at a high growth tech company
- 3+ years in a sales leadership role
- 3+ years growing and managing teams
- Previous experience growing teams from scratch in fast moving environments
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in unstructured environments
- Strong cross functional experience with product, marketing, sales, and support
- 3+ years experience at top tier online publisher
- Prior experience defining, launching, and maintaining outbound SMB sales teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.