Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and offline. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Amplify is a marketing team focused on the creation of compelling experiences that build awareness of Shopify and communicate stories about Shopify’s role in commerce to a global audience. We are looking for an user-focused Content Design Manager who is excited to evolve and define how we represent Shopify to the world. While we hail from a variety of disciplines (marketing, content design, design, development, video, and production), the core craft of this team is storytelling.
We’re looking for a UX Content Design Manager to drive cross-functional marketing projects and continue to develop the content design practice within the Amplify team. In this role, you’ll manage a team of content designers while also contributing directly to marketing strategy and user experience deliverables. We’re looking for a content leader who is able to define goals, direction and strategy, but also comfortable getting into the weeds and working hands on with their team.
You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience, and understand how to take people on a complete journey. As a UX Content Manager, you’ll help people discover Shopify, understand our company and realize their entrepreneurial potential. Drawing on a proven history of collaborating across teams and disciplines, you’ll be a bridge builder and a dot connector. You’ll have a chance to own an ever-changing problem space and thrive on change as you manage immersive interactive experiences for a variety of channels and audiences.
Note: While this role is marketing-focused, this isn’t a content marketing or social media role.
- Define objectives and success criteria for content; use tools like data, and audience segmentation to continually improve your creative approach
- Help to define the voice and tone of Shopify’s marketing experiences
- Contribute to the Marketing UX discipline by participating in and leading its rituals, contribute to the marketing content discipline by developing guidelines and best practices for content strategy within marketing
- Write and edit for marketing experiences ranging from web pages to scripts
- Plan experience approaches and think through language from a brand perspective
- Actively stay on top of marketing trends, goals and performance indicators
- Collaborate with other discipline managers and mentor the marketing UX team by sharing insights, inspiration, new tools, and best practices
- Collaborate with designers, developers, producers and marketers on marketing projects from ideation to execution while leading various UX initiatives including design sprints, content mapping/structure planning and stakeholder reviews
- Lead and provide oversight on projects to ensure that they are progressing at a high level of quality from start to finish
- Provide support and feedback while championing the work of other content designers on the team
- Growing your team members by offering mentorship, establishing clear expectations and connecting them to the right learning opportunities
- A significant amount of dedicated content design experience, including user-focused work in a marketing environment
- Experience leading and mentoring people in a multidisciplinary marketing environment and establishing review processes or quality benchmarks (remote leadership experience is beneficial)
- You’ve participated in the full project process from ideation to execution and optimization and have a passion for collaborating within a multidisciplinary team
- You have a soft spot for the end-user – advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do. This user empathy helps create and enhance marketing experiences that keep audiences engaged
- Experience utilizing market and consumer user experience research trends and patterns to inform content design and architecture
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills
- A portfolio of work you’ve done, including examples of copywriting and UX writing.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.