Shopify Retail is bringing in-person commerce into the future. It’s no secret that brick and mortar commerce will go through an evolution in a post-Covid-19 world. Shopify is helping to redefine this new world of in-person selling with new solutions for the future of retail. Shopify Point of Sale is trusted by brands such as Lively, NOBULL, Knix, KOTN, Universal Standard, Soludos, and many more.
We are looking for a Marketing Automation Specialist to join our Retail Growth Marketing team, and help us build world class email marketing and marketing automation campaigns for both current and prospective merchants.
The ideal candidate has a track record of building and managing impactful, data-driven email marketing and automation programs that drive acquisition, nurture and convert leads through a sales-assisted or a self-serve journey, and drive retention across the customer lifecycle.
- Build, test, and maintain email templates, marketing landing pages, data workflows and email automations using HTML, CSS, template scripting, SQL, and other languages/platforms for tasks associated with automated marketing campaigns
- Plan, build, and execute industry-leading email marketing and marketing automation campaigns to leads and Shopify-owned audiences through Marketo
- Enable the broader Retail Marketing team to build and send campaigns via Marketo
- Interpret data to identify triggers and behaviours in both leads and customers to form the strategy of future campaigns
- Write queries to create segments that support marketing initiatives to drive our lifecycle marketing initiatives
- Work closely with our Shopify Retail growth marketing, product marketing, sales, product, creative, support, and other teams to strategize, validate, and build both one-off and automated email campaigns
- Analyze and report on past campaign performance, and identify areas for testing and improvement
- Be a center of excellence and subject matter expert on email design, build, compliance and strategic best practices and tactics
- A passion for great email marketing and willingness to get hands on coding emails, building automations and customer journeys, setting up tests, and segmenting data
- Foundations in coding responsive emails and simple web pages from scratch using HTML and CSS
- Hands-on experience using Marketo to build and implement email campaigns
- Understanding of relational databases and comfortable writing queries in SQL to segment and analyze data to be used for campaigns and automations.
- Knowledge of email strategies and tactics as it relates to each stage of the customer lifecycle and able to effectively identify actionable messaging opportunities
- Strong understanding of email list management and message types, especially in relation to CASL, GDPR, and other compliance requirements
- The ability to thrive in chaos, resolve ambiguity, and think on your feet. You can drive good decisions collaboratively and quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to scope campaign depth and complexity to set expectations with stakeholders, including leadership
- Experience working alongside a sales team
- Push notification/SMS strategy and execution experience
- Experience with Drift and/or conversational commerce
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Bharti is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on Tuesday December 8th, 2020 at 12pm EDT (UTC-4).
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.