We are an early-stage startup that is hiring an experienced and enthusiastic Customer Support Specialist (Tier 2) to support our growing team. We are looking to bring on a Customer Support Specialist to make sure our clients and experts have an amazing experience working with B12! To do this, you will become an expert in our product and services, answer client emails/chats, lead client calls and help grow our expert community. If you are a strong communicator who can dynamically drive others to be successful, we would love to hear from you!
As a Customer Support Specialist you will:
- Manage email, phone, and chat communication with B12 customers as a primary contact for customers who have questions, concerns, or want additional features for their website.
- Support long-term customers with the management of their web presence, helping them when they have questions about the direction of their website.
- Handle escalations from customers needing additional support.
- Learn the tools of our web design suite and assist customers with small design tasks.
- Contribute to Knowledge Base/FAQ and other customer-facing support resources.
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 1+ years of experience supporting clients or customers in an external-facing role.
- You have experience with tier 2-level customer support.
- You are a quick and clear writer (you must be highly proficient in English) and an amazing communicator.
- You have experience in the world of web design helping launch and manage websites.
- You have empathy for small business users and can quickly grasp the issues they’re facing.
- You feel comfortable managing your time and deciding amongst competing priorities.
- You are patient, thoughtful, encouraging, and calm.
- You have some familiarity with managing third party integrations on websites.
- You enjoy learning and teaching.
- You care about and want to contribute to our mission of helping people do meaningful work.
- We don’t have a minimum number of years of experience for this role. We highly favor talent and interest.
- Some candidates may see this list and feel discouraged because they don’t match all the items. Please apply anyway: there’s a good chance you’re more wonderful than you think you are.
- B12 is a safe place for human beings. We particularly encourage you to apply if you identify as a woman, are a person of color or other underrepresented minority, or are a member of the LGBTQIA community.
How to apply
- A pointer to your CV, resume, LinkedIn profile, or any other summary of your career so far.
- Some informal text introducing yourself and what you are excited about.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.