What you’ll do
- You’ll report to the Director of Design and also closely partner with other company stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design and documentation for new components for Space Kit, Apollo’s budding design system.
- Lead the design of features and deliver high-quality work for Apollo Studio by participating in user-research, writing product documents, creating low and high-fidelity design comps, and working with engineering teams to bring features to market.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Developer Experience (DX), and Marketing partners representing design at Apollo, providing and seeking feedback, and participating in planning.
- Collaborate with the Director of Design to define new processes that drive efficiency in working with the Product Design organization.
- You have an excellent portfolio showcasing a strong foundation in typography, visual design and interaction design. Additionally, you have case studies that demonstrate the lifecycle of design and your impact.
- You have experience in product design organizations and working cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to develop strategy and rationale for new features and product directions.
- You have experience with user research methods and artifacts, such as card sorting, user interviews, journey mapping, and others.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can adequately explain design decisions and rationale grounded design and usability principles, even to team members who do not share that background.
- You’re an excellent facilitator, guiding the team through ideation, research, and the natural ambiguity that occurs when defining a new feature.
- Bonus, but not required: you have experience working with remote teams and can effectively communicate and contribute in a highly distributed environment.
- Bonus, but not required: you are familiar with code development tools like GitHub, and have a general understanding of HTML, CSS, and the overall technical aspects of building for the web.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.