As Skillshare’s Customer Support Manager, you’ll play an integral role in building out our customer support program by overseeing our global support staff and empowering them to deliver an amazing experience to our community. In this role, you’ll help manage the day-to-day for a team of about 35 remote support agents, create new systems and processes to track quality and scale efficiency, and develop and facilitate trainings for the team to ensure ongoing growth and engagement.
This position is perfect for someone who enjoys coaching and mentoring others on best practices they’ve learned, and is excited about building out new programs from the ground up to help our team succeed.
What you’ll do:
– Manage a support team of distributed email support agents, ensuring quality interactions through a ticket QA program and closely monitoring metrics such as volume and response times
– Develop and facilitate support agent trainings, from handling simple solutions to advanced technical troubleshooting
– Act as the primary point of escalation for support agents to ask technical questions, get support on difficult cases, and share feedback
– Drive other projects for the support team as needed, such as optimizing support flows, building out a system for agent staffing and onboarding, or overseeing our technical escalation process.
Why we’re excited about you:
– Prior experience in a customer-facing role: You know how to provide fantastic customer support and are well-versed in the tools, tricks, and technology of a high-performing Customer Support team.
– Passion for customer experience: We are looking for someone who believes that customer support plays a major role in user retention and brand credibility. You believe in going above and beyond for the customer and are passionate about delivering an exemplary experience.
– Leadership ability: You enjoy mentoring others, and can speak to experience as a leader on your team. You’ll be the main point of contact for our distributed team, and coach them through onboarding, ongoing training, and regular feedback.
– Operational skills: You love building new systems and processes, and are comfortable taking initiative to roll them out.
Why you’re excited about us:
– Impact: Our Customer Support team is growing quickly as we scale as a company. You’ll play an important role in creating processes that determine the future of our team.
– Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
– Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
– Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
– Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.