Thingtesting is the un-sponsored corner of the internet where we can talk honestly about new things.
On the heels of the direct-to-consumer revolution, there has been, and continues to be, an incredible proliferation of new consumer brands online — but, coupled with the prevalence of fake or cherry-picked reviews, it’s becoming outright impossible for consumers to know who and what to trust when considering products for purchase. Our mission is to build the go-to independent destination for online shoppers to discover, engage with, and vet modern brands.
We are a venture-backed early stage startup, and have raised financing from renowned U.S. and European funds, most recently closing a Series Seed round of financing from a top-tier U.S. venture capital firm. We have been fortunate to receive appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way from the likes of TechCrunch, Vogue Business, Modern Retail and a Harvard Business School case study. Forbes included our CEO, Jenny Gyllander, on its 30-under-30 list.
We have a lot of exciting developments in store. Join us on the mission to make online shopping more transparent.
We’re looking for:
We’re looking for a motivated and creative individual to grow and nurture Thingtesting’s brand and audience across a variety of platforms. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and shape our voice, our brand, our product, and how we engage with our community.
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our social media and newsletter marketing while owning end-to-end (ideation to execution) community-driven content and event initiatives.
We’re 100% remote, with team members currently spread between New York, Detroit, Stockholm and Barcelona.
What we can offer you:
- Ownership over our social strategy, community initiatives and branding.
- Mentorship and support to learn or help improve your skills.
- A friendly and nurturing atmosphere to grow in.
- Freedom to work from where you want
- Competitive salary, benefits, paid vacation, and other perks. The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and Thingtesting stock options.
We require that you:
- Craft and manage our social media calendar from writing social captions to scheduling and posting content across organic channels including but not limited to Instagram, Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Come with creative ideas and detail-oriented organization on how to strengthen and grow our community (from online and offline events to incentivizing quality community content).
- Track, measure, and report on engagement KPIs, interpret the data, and translate into actionable insights.
- Have a positive and open-minded attitude.
- Are a fluent English speaker and writer.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working on organic social media and community for a brand:writing and scheduling content, managing events and measuring performance.
- Are experienced using Figma to edit and create content and graphics.
- Are always ahead of what’s next, and key trends in social and digital.
- Are fluent in the modern brand landscape.
- Live in the U.S or in the EST (the rest of the content team currently lives in the East Coast, so it’s good to be in a similar time zone).
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.