Have you ever been swimming with pigs in the Bahamas? How about parasailing along the California coast, heli-skiing in Alaska or on a tasting tour of the unique flavors of New Orleans? At Peek, we support tour and activity operators that are bringing some of the most memorable moments to the world.
Peek makes the world’s tours & activities easily bookable – anytime, anywhere. Peek’s industry-leading technology, Peek Pro, empowers thousands of operators to better manage and grow their businesses. The Peek.com consumer marketplace connects people with everyday adventures that create lasting memories. Peek’s rapid growth has made it the largest independent activities booking platform in the world, and the company has raised over $50m from top technology and travel investors such as Eric Schmidt, Jack Dorsey, Pete Flint, Paul English, the Pritzker family, and Cathay Innovation. The company has over 110 employees located in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, and Chile. CNBC labeled Peek as the “OpenTable for activities,” it won the Tribeca “Disruptive Innovation Award” alongside Airbnb and the New York Times called Peek.com “a site you want to visit again and again.” As our Public Relations Associate you will expand the reach of Peek’s story. You will interact regularly with the executive team and media contacts. Our ideal candidate is creative, proactive, has an eye for detail, and loves travel experiences.
- Develop and manage a strategic public relations strategy & program
- Ensure that Peek is regularly mentioned in consumer and industry-specific media outlets
- Build and cultivate a network of positive media contacts
- Pitch reporters and editors across print, broadcast, and online
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to build communication campaigns
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and the product team to identify proactive media opportunities in response to wider business priorities
- Work with internal spokespeople to ensure media training & readiness for interviews
- Occasionally be on-call outside of work hours to complete time-sensitive PR materials
- Keep a pulse on trends in the travel, entertainment, tours and activities spaces to identify opportunities for media placement and Peek product development
- BA/BS degree with 2+ years of experience working in Public Relations or a related function
- Experience working in a dynamic, fluid and fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment required, technology company preferred
- Proven track record of creating solid relationships with internal business partners and media contacts
- Strong judgement and ability to make decisions
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options with a standard 4-year vesting schedule
- Medical, dental, vision and other voluntary insurance
- 401k Matching
- Peek covered Life Insurance of $50,000 with the option to add additional voluntary life insurance
- 26 days of PTO – includes 10 holidays and a company shut-down during the Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 8 weeks parental leave for primary caregiver and 2 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Annual company-wide offsite$50 WFH allowance to enhance your internet and/or connectivity
- Annual “Peekiversary” gifts
- Please note that some benefits have been temporarily suspended due to a downturn in the travel industry caused by COVID 19
This role is remote contingent upon your time zone being in-line with the greater USA.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.