Scott’s Cheap Flights is looking for a creative and strategic Social Media Manager to help grow the brand’s social footprint and impact across Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, and new and emerging channels. The ideal candidate will be excellent at storytelling through copy, images, and video. As a fully remote employee owning the social media strategy and execution, this person will have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to work cross-functionally while managing various projects. They will also have deep knowledge and passion for social activations specific to travel in addition to an interest in cultural trends. This role will report to the Head of Marketing.
In the short term, you will:
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Direct, shoot, and edit content with an elevated aesthetic and clear storyboard
- Engage with Scott’s Cheap Flights members in real-time conversation
- Write, schedule, and optimize daily posts across multiple social platforms
- Run live weekly broadcasts on social media, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure quality of content and production value
- Maintain and communicate a consistent and inclusive brand voice and visual aesthetic that aligns with Scott’s Cheap Flights mission
- Be the face of the SCF community across multiple channels
- Deliver data informed performance reports that measure both post level performance trends and broad reach and business impact
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and PR to ideate and execute social-focused initiatives
In the long term, you will:
- Contribute to our growth and awareness strategy with remarkable social campaigns
- Develop and nurture relationships with key creators focused on increasing reach and growing brand awareness
- Proven work experience in social media and community management.
- Excellent judgment. You create inclusive and engaging content that breaks through the noise.
- You speak fluent internet, avoid corporate brand speak, and are able to recognize and engage with trends early.
- You have ideas on how to improve our current social media program and are not afraid to provide constructive feedback on previous executions.
- Strong attention to detail. Your execution is nearly always error-free.
- Ability to work independently, quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to successfully multitask across multiple high priority projects
- Oversee and execute all social media content with the support of a visual designer.
- You have a desire to develop a general understanding of the travel industry
- You have created or evolved a social brand voice and can provide examples
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ’s to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (Last year we went to Riviera Maya. This year, we had a daily costume contest and went virtual!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.