We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that’s not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer who will be responsible for the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of our various digital assets. You’ll be responsible for delivering an outstanding user experience while providing exceptional and intuitive application design. You’ll combine user experience thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, site-reliability engineers, and customers to build powerful, impactful products.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as interface design files, wireframes, and interactive mockups using InVision, Visio, HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Optimize existing user interface designs.
- Conduct usability testing.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Proficiency using Git version control.
- Previous working experience in high-growth technology companies and/or startups a plus!
- Previous experience working in a remote role is a plus!
- Understanding of interaction design principles.
Remote Culture. Moving to Columbus not an option? No problem. We’re happy to discuss remote work options. Here at Bold Penguin our remote employees are top of mind, and we have created an inclusive, engaging remote environment.
Choose-your-own gear. Whether you prefer Mac, PC, or Linux, one screen or three, we’ll set you up for success.
Stay connected to the Glacier. We slack. A lot. We also like to video conference regularly. We even have all- hands “Waddles” held Tuesday – Friday 12:00PM EST.
Penguin bling. Like swag themed after a certain antarctic bird? Just. You. Wait.
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit