Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed cybersecurity start-up. Our platform connects global security talent with businesses via our Pentesting as a Service (PtaaS) offering. We are the world largest pentesting platform delivering thousands of pentests per year. We see the Pentest as a Service model as a first step in our vision to create a new interface to the security workforce. We have seen tremendous traction over the years and today have +1000 customers on Cobalt’s platform.
We are remote-first with local hubs in Boston, Berlin and San Francisco. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Do you lead products to dominate categories? Then this role is for you. We are looking for a Chief Product Officer who can help us scale Cobalt.io over the coming years. You will work closely with the product and engineering leadership, executive team, board and founders.
We are expecting you to help the team execute on the yearly goals, while being able to drive long term product strategy in partnership with the product leadership group. Together we will make Cobalt the new pentesting standard.
As our ideal candidate, you
- Transform complex industries into simple products.
- Excel at uniting product development and GTM teams towards a shared goal.
- Build teams by recruiting world class talent.
- Have strong application security experience.
- Have 20 years of Product Management experience.
- Have 10 years of B2B and SaaS experience.
- Thrive in the interface between Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering.
- Get curious if you only have one solution to a problem.
- Have board and investor management experience.
- Are located in the US. Ideally East Coast.
- Don’t shy away from difficult, but necessary conversations.
- Will help us make application security beautiful.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with B2B Service Marketplaces and remote-first environments.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. We hope that Cobalt will be your last job.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off & travel policies
- Paid parental leave
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only)
- Executive coach and dedicated advisors
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.