Legalist is the world’s first AI legal asset finance firm. We source, underwrite, and invest in the best litigation-related situations aided by cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology. We recently closed our second fund, and we’re disrupting a booming asset class, backed by top VC’s in Silicon Valley. Legalist continues to grow rapidly, and we’re looking to continue to reinforce our business and philosophy as we expand our squad with top talents worldwide.
We’re looking for an amazing Chief of Staff – Could this be you?
Requiring a lot of visibility across all departments, the Chief of Staff must be highly capable of keeping our startup machine well-oiled and grease-free in order to design and build out our rocket ship. You’ll be in an exciting and enviable position since you’ll also be supporting our two founders when it comes to all things operations and investor relations like a fairy godmother on steroids, sprinkling fairy dust to enhance what we’ve developed that’s resulted in much success (so far).
Our dream candidate is someone who lives and breathes the startup hustle, has a high appreciation of Legalist as a company, is technologically-adept, and as a critical thinker, would be able to accommodate some of his/her brain power with analyzing industry trends and observations and map how we as a company could build a profitable business.
Our dream candidate is a natural data story-teller who confidently champions successful resolutions towards Legalist’s overall growth strategy. It would be amazing to discover you also eat obstacles for breakfast, while getting sh*t done turning naysayers into raving fans. Needless to say, you’ll be inspiring a lot of people.
INFLUENCE cross-functional projects, project management, and performance reporting
DESIGN Board and C-suite level presentations and memos. Mastery of tactical detail will win us over.
IDENTIFY areas for efficiency and improvement in all initiatives
SUPPORT the CEO in organizing inspiring and informative All Hands meetings to share important business information to the company as well as engage and boost team morale.
COLLABORATE with the Communications team to design and develop presentations and speaking points for internal and external audiences. As much as you like to build relationships with people, the ideal Chief of Staff must also have a knack of building a story around analysed data mapping out in-depth analyses for teams within the organization to execute and/or achieve.
ORGANIZE discussion points, to-dos, follow-ups and draft thoughtful correspondence. Leader type individuals who can work well with others could be a great asset for this role. Furthermore, as chief of staff, much of our team’s trust is placed on you for managing weekly leadership meetings and boosting the team culture encouraging productive dialogue and focus.
PROVIDE decision support by working with leadership to distill and organize recommendations for COO approval (anticipate requests for additional information, support with additional research or information analysis and surface key takeaways to ensure content is presented in a digestible format).
- Impeccable written English skills. You’ll definitely get a lot of love from the founders if you’re also fluent in Technical English without sounding like a boring boomer about to take his afternoon nap while discussing with the team. We’d love your vibrant energy to be contagious across team members.
- Smart generalist able to understand science-heavy, technical writing, and abstract concepts, again without sounding like a boomer.
- Experience in a startup or investment environment is preferred — founder, operations, or business development at a high growth startup, or experience working in VC or private equity. Your proven track record backed by humility and growth mindset will definitely wow us.
- Experience with financial modelling, understanding of finance fundamentals required, with prior experience in the asset management industry a plus
- Stellar Project Management skills: highly organized, process-driven, and detail-oriented. The dream candidate needs to be able to plan a successful game plan with realistic deadlines and can spot typo’s two seconds after receiving a document.
- Entrepreneurial, action-oriented, and can confidently work independently after clear instructions or a general consensus. You have great power on delegating tasks, which is both a blessing and a curse, so executive leadership must be your superpower.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment without losing focus on the big picture
- Hungry to learn and willing to make mistakes. We don’t expect you to be perfect, but we can certainly appreciate you rolling your sleeves up and weathering the changes as we scale the brand further up.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.