LawnStarter is seeking a Director of Customer Operations who will be responsible for leading our customer support teams, designing, identifying, and implementing process improvements, as well as designing world-class support organizations and resource management operations. This individual will develop and improve an organization that provides support to hundreds of thousands of customers. The role reports directly to the Head of Sales and Service and works closely with the leaders of Product, Growth, Finance, and Engineering.
- Create strategy for and manage the day-to-day operation of a multichannel contact center, with an emphasis on world class customer satisfaction, first contact resolution and customer retention.
- Assist with recruiting, retaining, and scaling this organization as a 100% remote based team. Defining clear roles and responsibilities that assist the team leads with their development of process improvement. At the same time, work to foster an environment that encourages autonomy, accountability of all KPIs, and innovation.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to managers on the team via regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings and ongoing spot coaching, while acting as a point of escalation for high priority cases/customers, and strategic partnerships
- Leading our Workforce Manager in building out the process of how we enhance our operational efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness. Set direction for WFM team and insure execution of accurate forecasting, attendance policies, and optimized scheduling.
- Drive outcomes by using qualitative and quantitative data to inform strategy and improve efficiencies, as well as partnering with the Head of FP&A to propose tradeoffs that allow us to accomplish these improvements
- Help set the long-term vision for CX by analyzing the current state, assessing where we have opportunities to improve, and innovating to optimize for the customer experience.
- Develop and evolve hiring, and employee reward and development strategies with an emphasis on employee retention and career growth while meeting or beating operational budget targets.
- Partner with training team on continuous improvement that drive performance KPIs
- Make strategic decisions that benefit the team and the broader organization, and develop operational plans to properly execute on strategic initiatives with cross-functional teams
- Work alongside key internal stakeholders to understand the services and processes that will result in customers’ long-term happiness and turns them into advocates of our products and services – also serving as a key influence in the rollout of new products/services and assisting with the development of new go-to-market strategies
- 5+ years of experience in leading high-performing CX teams (including managing people managers) with proven leadership, team management, and employee engagement skills
- Thorough understanding of and belief in the intrinsic value of providing exceptional customer service and the impact that has on conversion, retention, and driving ARPU, and CSAT scores
- Proficiency with contact center technologies (Five9, Zendesk, Jira, Workforce management tools), with experience managing phone, ticket, and chat queues and developing operations reports and analyses
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and ability to drive consensus with key business partners
- Able to set a vision, execute on a strategy, and roll up their sleeves and get in the weeds when necessary
- Track record of building strong relationships with internal and external business leaders
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects, with a business sense for measuring their effects, and making tradeoffs based upon impacts
- Background with Operational Excellence best practices, with Six Sigma or similar certification, preferred
We offer great pay, employee equity, and competitive health / vision / dental plans. And as a 100% remote company, you get all the benefits of not having to come into an office.
But the real benefit of this role is you’ll be playing a big part in LawnStarter’s growth and in accomplishing our mission.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.