We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Customer Success Manager for our Chef product group. This position will be remote in the US.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) plays an integral role in our success at Progress. The Customer Success Manager works directly with our customers to help them achieve their business objectives with the Chef product suite. The CSM works with Customer Architect’s to develop solutions to our customers most difficult problems. The CSM leads the relationship, ensures the customer has access to the necessary resources and helps guide them along their DevOps journey.
This position is for a Customer Success Manager that will have oversight responsibility for Chef’s accounts.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an understanding of Chef’s products and how they deliver business value to large organizations
- Have a compelling point-of-view on the value of DevOps
- Have experience as a Customer Success Manager or similar role as a relationship builder or business driver
- Have experience managing accounts and clients
- Demonstrate executive presence and the ability to influence executive senior stakeholders
- Have a “service mindset” that compels them to deliver value and help
What You’ll Do:
- Drive customer on-boarding experience and success planning to ensure customers are deriving the most value out of Chef’s products and services
- Manage a portfolio of customers to drive greater business value and ensuring our customer’s Chef investment is being optimally leveraged
- Proactively drive customer adoption and look for opportunities to increase overall footprint
- Work closely with the sales team as growth opportunities are identified
- Understand and Manage Customer Health in a proactive fashion
- Improve Customer Experience & Customer Satisfaction by helping them achieve their stated business outcomes
- Implement action plans and playbooks that drive key metrics for the CSM
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, and product feedback
- Make customer renewals a non-event by driving a results-based engagement pattern. Customers should understand the value they are getting from Chef’s products and services and the CSM provides the ongoing engagement patterns to ensure they keep and grow our customers’ business.
- Provide feedback to Sales, Product and Marketing on patterns you see with Customers that will allow us to more efficiently scale our business
- Build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, and effective support
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of customer/account management experience
- Experience working with technical practitioners and Executive Sponsors
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- A customer first mindset
- Strong perspective rooted in past experience, paired with willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Together, we make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.