Red Ventures is looking for a Writer who will be responsible for contributing to and executing on strategy for personal finance content on TheSimpleDollar.com, MillionMileSecrets.com and Interest.com. This writer will be responsible for cleaning up existing reviews and product content, writing new reviews and product stories, along with creating other types of guides/evergreen content. This candidate should be an excellent writer who is familiar with personal finance (experience writing about any combination of credit cards, mortgages, loans and savings accounts preferred) and how it works. Content ranges in coverage from mortgage to credit cards and everything in between. The right candidate is able to identify topics and develop quality, engaging content with a quick turnaround, as well as work closely with multiple editors and SEO.
Join a growing team of creatives, analysts, and engineers focused on building a community that empowers people to make smart financial decisions. Help more than one million unique visitors per month get closer to achieving financial freedom, and see your work featured in some of the world’s largest publications like Inc., Forbes, Business Insider, and TIME.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, write, and edit all types of personal finance content related to credit cards, loans, mortgages and savings accounts (guides, comparisons, transactional copy, etc.)
- Actively develop subject matter expertise by following competitors and monitoring industry news & trends
- Work closely with other teams (SEO, business analysts, etc.) and multiple editors to understand and execute content strategy
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 1 year of experience writing about any combination of credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, savings accounts
- At least 1 year of experience writing personal finance product reviews
- Ability to adapt voice and tone for different sites
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Working knowledge of AP Style
- In-depth research skills and an eye for details (does this this drive you crazy?)
- Self-motivated with a track record of success managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Experience working with data/translating data finds into their writing
- Ability to effectively communicate with members of different teams (outside of content team)
A Red Ventures Brand:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.