Headspace is looking for a Healthcare Customer Success Manager. Headspace is already being actively used and recommended by healthcare professionals and patients and we’re looking for your help to make Headspace mainstream in healthcare. This individual will be in charge of managing key healthcare relationships and responsible for onboarding new customers by engaging executive teams in the launch, driving ongoing adoption and managing renewals and expansion opportunities. Additionally, this person will collaborate cross-functionally to uncover new ways to better serve our healthcare customers and deliver against our mission of “Improving the health and happiness of the world.”
Customer Success is a critical part of our business and is ultimately what enables our product to get into the hands of patients, providers and caregivers. As an early member of a growing team devoted exclusively to Healthcare, you’ll have a chance to help shape how we work with healthcare customers to maximize successful relationships. You will help refine a playbook to formalize our processes across key health customer segments. You will also work closely with other team members, including Business Development, Marketing, Product, Science, Brand, Data & Analytics, InfoSec and Legal.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Serve as the main point of contact for healthcare engagements with large-scale health systems, payers and other key players in the healthcare ecosystem
- Grow and retain our most valuable healthcare customers by understanding their needs, business drivers, strategic goals and desired outcomes
- Enable successful implementation and launch of Headspace to patients / members; this includes brainstorming ideas, designing clinical workflows, sharing and developing relevant creative assets and supporting clinician trainings
- Co-create account plans that that cover all phases of the customer journey, including aligning on success metrics, defining the roadmap, conducting performance reviews and renewing / expanding relationships
- Analyze customer utilization data to identify, communicate and act upon both opportunities and risks; proactively drive data-driven, account-specific strategies to improve product adoption and increase customer satisfaction
- Maintain communications with customers and internal champions about utilization trends and sentiment, mining opportunities for increased adoption and engagement
- Identify opportunities for customers to act as Headspace advocates (e.g. testimonials, case studies)
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure a coordinated and deliberate approach to delivering complex projects and addressing customers’ needs
- Represent the voice of the customer to inform our sales process and product roadmap
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years in a Customer Success, Partnerships, Account Management or similar role in healthcare required; management consulting experience preferred
- Experience managing large-scale healthcare partnerships with multi-million member organizations; digital health experience preferred
- Strong background / understanding of healthcare ecosystem, business drivers and regulatory environment; clinical research experience preferred
- Strong client management experience; specifically, consulting or experience as the primary point of contact for customers
- Experience building strategies and executing initiatives with cross-functional teams
- Highly organized and detail oriented; ability to juggle several clients and multiple projects with ease
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; articulate, confident communicator and even better listener
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data into insights
- Strong work ethic, with a desire to get into the weeds and get your hands dirty
- Comfortable in a startup environment; able to manage ambiguity and create structure where it’s lacking
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.