60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The web team at 1Password looks after many aspects of 1Password, including the website, blog, support site, and other customer-facing elements, as well as internal tools.
We’re looking for an experienced developer to manage and improve our web deployment. We build our web content using modern technologies, including TypeScript, GitLab, Docker and Terraform. If you spend a lot of time with any or all of these, this might be the role for you.
What We’re Looking For:
- Someone with a great understanding of developing for the web. Naturally, we expect semantic HTML markup and team-friendly, reusable Sass.
- Experience building and deploying static sites using services such as Docker, Terraform and AWS. You should also be familiar with linting tools and methods to check content quality.
- Experience implementing CI solutions such as Jenkins and GitLab CI/CD.
- An understanding of modern browser security policies and content security.
- Proficiency with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- A good understanding of developing websites using static site generators: we’re fans of Hugo – we sure hope you are too!
- Someone who’s comfortable offering feedback to other developers on the team and experienced in reviewing and improving code.
What you can expect in month 1:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with the format of our created content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and assign priorities.
- Begin to take on development issues that will help you to learn and grow within our environment.
- Learn more about our customers.
What you can expect in month 3:
- Work with other developers to create interoperable solutions between initiatives.
- Identify inefficiencies in our development and deployment processes, and start to plan improvements.
- Act as a development resource to others in the organization, taking briefs, planning and implementing solutions.
What you can expect in month 6:
- Operate as a key part of the web team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and making them better.
- Work with your peers to solve complex problems that make our customers’ experiences better.
- Act as a resource to the development team, reviewing and approving merge requests and offering regular feedback to improve code quality.
“We’re a team that gets things done. Often we’re required to work on tight deadlines, with many changes along the way. The person who joins this team will enjoy a fast-paced, but supportive environment with a focus on quality of execution. If you like to try new things, collaborate with others, and know a few bad jokes, we’ll welcome you with open arms!”
– Will Moore, Design and Web Lead
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.