GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by helping them to build better software together. The Customer Experience team engages across a continuum of opportunities for customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to drive improved customer and partner experience, which impacts market share and revenue.
Our team’s purpose is to drive improvements through our culture and accountability, customer experience & satisfaction measurement, rhythm of the business, programs and initiatives across GitHub. The CX team works with executives, field organizations, segments, audiences and internal stakeholders to create plans and drive execution that results in increased customer experience and loyalty.
We’re looking for a Relationship Manager to deeply understand our high value customers and manage multiple initiatives to enhance their experience with GitHub.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing multiple customer-focused initiatives that optimize our key customers’ experience with GitHub.
- Lead and/or represent Customer Experience in cross-team initiatives to enhance customer experience and engagement with our products.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with sales, operations, and engineering teams to manage programs that strengthen our customer relationships using a variety of programs and initiatives.
- Develop project specifications, priorities, and objectives from initiation to delivery in partnership with the cross functional teams.
- Own the outcome of the programs, and be accountable for measuring improvements brought about by the programs.
Skills & Requirements:
To be the ideal candidate, you bring a balance of a strategic thinker, customer experience professional, and quality of experience driver at large scale with strong business & analytical skills. You will have 4+ years of experience in program management, ideally with a focus on customer experience improvements. You will have a proven record for root cause analysis, process and quality improvements, with a proven ability to drive execution and impact. You will need to be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization (HQ, Field, Leadership) and with different audiences (business and product).
With this background, you bring the following career aspirations, critical skills and abilities to the job:
- You have a strong passion for driving change and taking on big challenges
- You are customer obsessed
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong cross-group collaboration and facilitation skills to solve business problems, develop recommendations and drive customer experience improvements
- You have demonstrated leadership skills including a track record of managing programs with positive impact to high value customers.
- You have strong problem solving and analytical skills enabling you to deliver solid business results and insights
- You work well in an environment of ambiguity, bringing a can-do attitude and skillset that enables you to identify the most impactful opportunities and possibilities to have impact
- Strong Analytical/Excel skills required. Experience with business intelligence tools is a plus.
- CX Certification, Six-Sigma Certification and BS or BA desirable.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.