Does shaping the rapidly growing ecommerce landscape excite you? Do you want to be a part of a growing new startup with a vision of making returns easier for millions of customers worldwide? Do you get excited by combing through data to derive insights and enable the business leaders to make better decisions?
Loop is changing the way brands and their customers think about the online shopping experience. We help ecommerce brands build better customer relationships through one of the most fragile interactions: returns. We believe that true customer love for a brand is built after the purchase, and that transforming pain points into delightful experiences is the path to becoming an unforgettable brand.
We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Loop through new phases. We are committed to continually acquire new information, and iterate. Bring your direct experiences to build foundations for Loop’s data infrastructure. But more importantly, bring your philosophy and principles, and most importantly, bring your curiosity. Change is healthy!
This is our first Business Analyst role; we’ll be looking for you to lay the foundation for merchant and consumers metrics that matter for Loop business and help the leaders take calculated risks. We have laid out the key requirements for the role that we believe are important for this role. But we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
Our office is located in Columbus, OH and we’re committed to continue hiring remotely across the US and Canada. Either in-office or remote is an option for our role.
- Understand business objectives and develop metrics to guide those objectives
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our business needs
- Partner with business teams and engineering to create key performance indicators and new methodologies for measurement
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Translate data into actionable insights
- Analyze data using data tools such as Looker, Tableau, BigQuery, Redshift and SQL in order to identify business risks and opportunities
- Work with engineering to define data pipeline requirements and establish data operations at Loop
- Share a genuine interest to solve problems for our users
- Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
- Experience defining simple, intuitive and actionable metrics to focus decision making
- Experience sharing insights and collaborating with senior leadership
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative discipline (such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Operational Research) or in Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Economics or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
- 3+ years of writing performant queries and digestible dashboard visualizations
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with BigQuery or Redshift is a plus
If you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to talk to you.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.