What we’re looking for:
- Great written and communication skills. You’re someone who’s comfortable translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating. Your style is concise yet compassionate – ideally helping people understand, not just passively read, what you’re saying.
- Passion to help customers learn, and compassion for the ones who feel lost, confused, or frustrated.
- Weekend availability. Our customers need help all week long, and we’re currently looking for team members who can help on the weekend.
- Optimism and positive written tone.
- Readiness to encourage exploration and education instead of taking the reins: Your friends describe you as someone they go to when they need help with their computer, and as you help them, you also teach them something new.
- Courage to ask for help when you need it: Technology is always changing and you’re not expected to know everything. You’ll be working alongside people who love to help each other grow, and your questions are welcomed.
- Optional: You have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
What you can expect in your first month:
- Set up all the tools you need to help customers and work here, including our help desk software Cerb, as well as TextExpander, Slack, and our internal customer support school.
- Read articles on the 1Password Support website and learn the basics of 1Password, then start replying to some of the easier questions we get, like how to cancel a subscription or install the apps.
- Get to know our customers, how they use 1Password, and our best practices for communicating with them.
- Get comfortable sending a few dozen replies to customers each day by the end of your first month.
What to expect by month 3:
- Branch out and challenge yourself with more technical issues or a different category than you’ve been working with so far.
- Be the voice of our customers internally, documenting issues they encounter.
- Find your niche within the Customer Support team by the end of your third month. Once you’re fully up to speed, you’ll be sending around 60 replies per day.
What to expect by month 6:
- Share what you’ve learned with other people on the team and explore different areas of the company. We believe each person has something unique to bring to the team and they aren’t expected to stay in customer support forever (e.g. if you love designing icons, there may be a side project for you to try out).
- Continue helping customers each day and exploring new areas of the Customer Support team for the future of your career here.
- Keep trying new things: We’re agile so we keep tools fresh and improve as we go.
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with 1Password by applying today.
- Job Category: Customer Support
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in UK 🇬🇧
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.