Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a global, venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators working to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. Join us on our mission.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to be the customer’s advocate within the Astronomer team and the face of Astronomer to some of our most engaged – and largest – customers. In this role, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the tech and business cases behind how customers use our product, and you’ll use that expertise to build customer relationships, drive account growth, and set customers up to derive more and more value from Astronomer and Airflow. In other words, you’ll infuse our product and processes with customer perspective. You’ll enable our key customers to be successful. And you’ll also learn more than you’d ever imagine about tech and business relationships, interfacing daily with some of the top engineering teams from across the world (i.e. our customers!).
Astronomer is a Series A startup, with serial entrepreneurs who have previously founded and exited multiple companies. Around half of our team is fully remote, and our team has a remote-first mentality (i.e. feel empowered to work wherever works the best for you–we’ll support you). We have folks working from the UK, Ukraine, France, California, India, London, and more.
Empowering our team to be supportive, adaptable, and greater than the sum of its parts is a key part of the Astronomer culture: if you’re a team player, are endlessly curious, and have a bias towards doing, we’d love to hear from you.
- Manage key accounts to build relationships, proactively drive growth, and help our customers get as much as they can out of Astronomer and Airflow
- Work closely with the Customer Success, Growth, Customer Support, and Product teams to discuss patterns in customer feedback and feature requests and identify how to turn those patterns opportunities for technological, and interpersonal, growth
- Help identify improvement areas and build out processes for Account Management and Customer Success
Our ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years of Account Management or Customer Success experience, or similar, in tech
- Experience working for a high-growth tech startup
- Passionate about going the extra mile to create a great customer experience; empathetic for the customer perspective
- Able to write clearly about technical subjects
- Highly organized and able to keep track of multiple tasks
- Able to proactively move projects forward
- Can function in an ambiguous environment, but are motivated to eliminate ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Python, Airflow, or open source software (but not required)
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Astronomer by applying today.
- Job Category: Customer Support
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere 🌎
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.