Paytient is on a mission to help people live better lives by improving their ability to better access and afford care.
Our financial technology gives Americans the funds they need to pay for the more than $400 Billion in out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (e.g., spending within deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance) that were billed last year.
For too long, there has been too much preventable financial harm and delayed or deferred care hurting patients and providers. We envision a fairer future, over the horizon, where every American can more easily pay for care and live a financially healthier life.
Founded in 2018, Paytient has raised $50 million from CoVenture and $7M from Inspired Capital, Lightbank, BoxGroup, Cultivation Capital, Crossbeam, and Lachy Groom Fund to fuel our mission and help employers, payors, providers, and patients better afford the status quo.
Solving this problem presents a generational, multi-billion-dollar opportunity to become the payments and financing layer for healthcare transactions in the US.
We live every minute in that special, impactful area of overlap between healthcare and fintech knowing we’re solving a big, important societal issue. If that’s exciting to you, then we would love to hear from you.
How you can help
Paytient is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to be one of the first hires on our marketing team with focus primarily on the member experience from activation to recurring utilization.
You will work side-by-side with our Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and BD teammates to deeply understand the ideal member experience and deliver member-facing content & strategies that will fulfill our shared goals.
You’ll be a key translator and communicator of the value proposition for Paytient to health plan members and responsible for optimizing member engagement and utilization.
This role reports to our CEO, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the United States.
- Develop and implement member education & enablement resources and content such as email campaigns, presentations, FAQs and collateral
- Develop, lead and execute integrated marketing and communications plans essential to support member growth goals
- Partner with internal teams to develop thought leadership content and strategy for members and brokers/consultants.
- Work with contract designers to create and source art that enhances the brand
- 5+ years of full-time product marketing, preferably in healthcare and/or with B2B, tech-enabled employer benefit experience strongly preferred
- Comfortable with ambiguity – thrives in unstructured environments and desires ownership
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Optional but helpful; experience working at an early stage startup
- Permanent US work authorization required
At Paytient we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary & being Remote-with-Roots: Paytient is a mostly remote company that pays geographically-agnostic, stage-appropriate, talent-based salaries. Our founding team is proud to call Columbia, Missouri home and welcomes new hires to stay in one of our company-provided luxury apartments on visits so they’ll come to know what we already know to be true – CoMo is an unexpectedly awesome place to live, work and play.
- A direct primary care membership
- Your choice of medical, dental, and vision insurance made better with built-in deductible financing of $5,000 on your personal Paytient card
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution up to 4% of your salary
- 5 weeks of encouraged paid time off available on your first day for your physical and mental health
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- $50 monthly phone stipend
- $100 monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- $500 one-time stipend to enhance your remote work experience
- A company provided computer
- Two awesome company retreats a year
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.