Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 15,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
A Director of Solutions Engineering in the US or Canada to build out a team of software engineers to serve as the technical backbone of our sales organization. An ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in software engineering and in building and leading teams and has an interest in taking on a more client-facing role.
In This Role You Will…
- Lead, mentor, recruit and develop a diverse and effective Solutions Engineering team of client services-focused software engineers.
- Assist our Solutions Engineers in building trust with prospects, clients, and partners as they serve as the hands-on technical resources and drivers for our client facing interactions
- From time to time, dive into engineering documentation to determine the feasibility of implementation requests and write code to test potential integrations with the Shogun Frontend software
- Establish direction and performance standards, and drive initiatives and programs to actively support the team’s career development. Refine and scale core Solutions Engineering processes like client discovery, technical qualification, custom demos, workshops, and proof-of-concepts
- Develop an internal and external technical FAQ to enable team members, partners, and clients to access key information.
- Provide input on product roadmap.
- At least 5+ years of prior experience as a software engineer, with 3+ years experience in building and leading teams in a SaaS software product company
- Proven ability to tie team goals to the strategic objectives of the product and company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex concepts simply
- Experience working with React and Typescript
- Experience completing complex eCommerce builds or integrations
- Previous experience working in a startup and/or fast-paced organization.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with.
- Remote work – We are a fully distributed team that works from anywhere with good internet.
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.