We are looking for a seasoned performance marketing leader with deep knowledge in demand generation channels, including Google UAC, Display, Youtube, Paid Social, and DSP. In this position, you’ll own the P&L for demand generation spanning multiple products while scaling and leading a team of performance marketing managers. You will interact with product, data science, actuary, and brand team leaders and provide recommendations to the leadership team on marketing investment strategy to continually improve efficiency and unlock new opportunities.
Location: Columbus, OH or Remote (U.S. only)
What you’ll be doing
- Own marketing performance across the umbrella of demand generation channels (Google UAC, Display, YouTube, Paid Social, DSP, etc.), spanning multiple products and platforms (app and web).
- Define and execute the overarching growth strategy and measures of success across these channels.
- Lead a team of growth managers, analysts, and coordinators to achieve growth and marketing efficiency targets, optimizing campaigns to maximize customer LTV.
- Identify new channels to scale while executing new targeting strategies to unlock new customer segments.
- Own partner relationships and influence their product roadmaps, negotiate favorable commercial terms, and secure account support and resources to have the first-mover advantage of new product features as they are built.
- Partner with the finance and actuarial teams to generate monthly/quarterly forecasts and state-level growth plan.
- Partner with the Head of Demand Capture to ensure channel-specific objectives complement the team-wide monthly marketing plan.
- Scale team, including building talent pipeline, hiring team, and building the foundation for consistent, scalable processes as the org grows.
- Lead and project manage cross-functional working groups to drive high impact initiatives that support company-wide strategic goals.
- Build strong relationships with key cross-org stakeholders to help build integrated programs (Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Partnerships).
- Work alongside product team counterparts to drive conversion rate optimization across the entire funnel.
What we’re looking for
- 5-10 years managing channels such as Google UAC, Display, Youtube, Paid Social, and DSP for high growth companies with a multi-million dollar annual marketing budget.
- Proven experience rapidly and efficiently scaling marketing spend in a rapidly changing environment while onboarding new channels and unlocking new customer segments; specific expertise in scaling and unlocking new direct response mobile app channels.
- Exceptional leadership skills and naturally collaborative; track record of building high-performance marketing teams.
- Deep knowledge of online advertising and ad tech space; robust understanding of online advertising best practices.
- Quantitative mindset, ideally with a strong technical background and education (degree in a quantitative area such as computer science, applied mathematics, econometrics, or one of the physical sciences a plus).
- In-depth understanding of customer LTV and segmentation.
- Experience with API-based programmatic buying, preferably working with technology teams directly integrating with major search engines or ad exchanges.
- Direct-to-consumer marketing experience in insurance and/or a high growth tech company is a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, and advanced Excel skills a plus.
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Root Insurance by applying today.
- Job Category: Sales
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA 🇺🇸
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.