“The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
Reddit’s Community team is growing, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic Community Manager who will be working with our Economy team as we build out new ways to engage and enjoy Reddit. You’ll be working directly with our community across a variety of projects, with significant room to assist with strategy and grow in your role.
If you’re a self-starter who is passionate about communities – warts and all – then this is the opportunity you’re looking for.
We are a diverse team that is committed to building an inclusive environment. We’re not perfect, but we listen, admit our mistakes, and evolve. We believe your perspective, skills, passion, and empathy are just as important as degrees or brand names. We encourage applications from all people.
Just like we respect redditors’ pseudonymity, we respect our employees’ right to pseudonymity when working with such a large population, and provide tools for scrubbing your personally identifiable information from the web.
- Work with the Economy Product Team to influence strategy and inform product roadmap to ensure we’re building products and features that add the most value to the consumer while strengthening our community
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to ensure the voice of the customer is factored into new product development plans and designs
- Act as the two-way communication conduit between moderators/users and the Economy Team
- Analyze and interpret product launch results and deliver to PMs
- In partnership with PMs and cross-functional teams, create and execute on effective go-to-market plans that will educate users on new features and increase feature adoption
- Communicate and collaborate with key internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams
What We Can Expect From You:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Multiple years relevant experience as a manager or moderator of online communities, or equivalent experience in Product Marketing
- Professional experience with or understanding of non-ads monetization tactics (such as subscriptions, microtransactions, direct to consumer)
- Can think strategically but has no problem taking on the actual nitty-gritty work
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and is a self-starter that can work efficiently and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with little oversight
- Can understand the goals of everyone in the room and translate their needs into successful resolutions for all parties
- Ability to remain patient, calm, and focused during a crisis
- Strong understanding of Reddit, its varied communities, and unique place in the world is a strong bonus
This position will report to the Manager of Community Relations, based out of the San Francisco HQ.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.