Mozilla’s North American office locations include San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Toronto, Canada. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US or Canada for this position.
Mozilla software engineers build and maintain applications for Mac, Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android, as well as “full-stack” applications like Firefox Monitor. As a front-end engineer, you will be responsible for working with teams across Mozilla to build, implement, and maintain the user interfaces for these products.
* Work alongside UX, Engineering, Services, and Ops teams to implement fully-functional software from designs, assets, and mockups
* Motivate yourself and manage your time to work well remotely without close supervision
* Write standards-compliant pragmatic code in a variety of languages
* Gracefully give, receive and act on feedback and code reviews
* Communicate positively with the Mozilla community
* Provide time estimates for engineering tasks and convey progress
* At least 3 years of front-end web, desktop, or mobile application development
* Experience working with package managers like NPM and PiP
* Experience with revision control systems (git preferred)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers, management, and other teams
* Passion, drive, determination and a demeanor that encourages and elicits collaboration
* Ability to work productively with geographically distributed team
Great to have:
* Experience with C++/Qt framework and proficiency with QML
* Experience developing applications for iOS and/or Android
* Experience with high-traffic web applications powered by Python or Node.js
* Experience with open source software projects and communities
* Experience with data-visualization
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Mozilla by applying today.
- Job Category: Developer & Engineer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA/Canada 🇺🇸🇨🇦
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.