Paperpile helps researchers to find, organize, read, and write academic papers.
We’re looking for a writer to join our team part-time (20h/week) to create and manage content for academics, students and researchers helping them navigate the academic jungle. You can check out what we write about in our Research and Writing Guides and our Paperpile and BibGuru blogs.
Our user-base is growing fast, and so is the team around it.
- As part of a small content team everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the growth of our products.
- Work from anywhere on your own schedule. We are a remote-only company since 2014 and collaborate efficiently with tools like Slack, Zoom and Notion.
- Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer or medieval history. You interact with them every day to understand how we can make their work more productive.
- Suggest and create appealing content for all our channels (videos, blog posts, citation guides, social media, newsletters,..) targeting our audience
- Communicate with our editors, writers and designers on a regular basis to plan, create and maintain content
- Review and edit drafts of content from other writers and editors
- Create SEO optimized content, measure the success and adjust and improve content if necessary to help it rank better
- A university degree (any background is welcome as our product is for academics from all fields)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- 3+ years of experience in content writing, ideally in SaaS or academic environments, with a proven record of content that had a measurable impact
- An understanding of SEO best practices and ability to create SEO optimized content
- Ability to work autonomously in a startup environment and with a distributed team
- Native English speakers are preferred, but your application will also be considered if you have studied in English (any degree that was fully taught in English) and can demonstrate outstanding English skills
- Optional: Experience in video content marketing or video production (Screenflow, AfterEffects)
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.