Browze is hiring! But wait, who even are we?
We’re a cross-border marketplace that curates unique products directly from factories overseas. In other words, we bring you the products you want at fair prices, with minimal shipping costs, because we’re sending them direct from the factory. No markups, no middlemen. Just us.
We’re hiring because we’ve been expanding like crazy — consistently 2x year over year, to be exact. And because of that, we’re building out our team to launch Browze into the next level of growth, so we can keep reshaping and improving the cross-border shopping experience.
So what are you waiting for? Send in an application and tell us about yourself. We’d love to meet you!
POSITION: Ecommerce Merchandising Copywriter
REPORTS TO: VP, Merchandising
DIRECT REPORTS: none
About the Role
Our Merchandising Copywriter will join our tight-knit Merchandising team to write copy for Browze products. They will be responsible for cultivating the brand voice within the copy and work with our Merchandising Associates and Category Managers to ensure a streamlined workflow. They will also work with the Customer Success team to provide customer support as needed. This person will learn what goes into the merchandising side of Browze, from how we pick products to curating collections to communicating with overseas sellers.
What you’ll do
- Write product copy for Browze products across different categories (~100 descriptions a week, as we continue to build out our site. We have ambitious goals!)
- Support the Category Managers and Merchandising Associates with product sourcing, product listing creation, and other merchandising-related tasks
- Liaise between the Customer Success and Merchandising teams to improve the customer experience and drive process changes
- Ensure all product descriptions are consistent and accurate including spelling and grammar
- Update and refresh content as needed, ensuring copy aligns with priorities and direction
- Assist other Browze teams with various writing projects (as required)
- Contribute to our team’s growth and culture
- A degree or diploma in Merchandising, English, Creative Writing, or a related field, or relevant experience
- 2+ years of (ideally professional) writing experience
- Exceptional writing skills (i.e., killer vocab, loads of creativity) and the ability to adapt to the Browze brand voice
- Strong attention to detail and an obsession with proper spelling and grammar
- A strong interest or background in merchandising and/or e-commerce
- Familiarity with Google SheetsComfort working and collaborating within a small team, while also being able to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills to connect with both colleagues and customers
Why do you want to be a part of Browze?
- We are a collective of people so collaboration is key to our process.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a changemakers.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers – with value, respect, and empathy.
- We have competitive compensation – you work hard and we make it worth your while.
- We want you to feel like an owner, so we offer equity in the company.
- Unlimited supply of snacks to keep you going if you choose to be in-office otherwise the possibility of a flexible remote environment is also possible for this role.
- An inclusive work environment where you can thrive and do your best work.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Browze is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.