Yelp is seeking a highly creative and experienced B2B marketing leader to build and oversee our digital demand generation practice.
Small businesses around North America rely on Yelp to help them to build their brand and acquire new customers. From restaurants to home and local services, we have one of the largest communities of business owners on our platform – Yelp for Business. Now, we’d like to amplify our position in the market and drive more efficient customer acquisition with business owners through the development of a strategic demand generation practice.
As Yelp’s first-ever B2B Demand Generation leader, you will develop a long-term marketing strategy and build a team that aims to solidify Yelp’s market position as a partner to the local business community, and drives inbound interest in our solutions. You’ll be responsible for taking a $1B+/yr business across multiple customer segments, and finding new ways to grow revenue opportunity through close partnership with sales, marketing and product leadership. You’ll have support from a wide range of peer organizations – from infrastructure and ops to analytics and data science – and you’ll find new ways to leverage these partnerships to open up entirely new growth opportunities for the business.
Importantly, you’ll be a core member of the central marketing senior leadership team. As we aim to instill best practices for generating inbound demand across multiple business units, you’ll be both an influencer and a builder, as well as a leader that others will seek out for expertise in this critical area.
This is a remote role based in the United States.
Where you come in:
- Deliver predictable sales pipeline at scale for our Local SMB segment, which represents a majority of total annual revenue at Yelp
- Partner closely with marketing leaders in our Mid-Market, Enterprise and Restaurant segments to build scalable and highly efficient programs to drive inbound demand
- Report to Yelp executives periodically on demand generation marketing performance, providing expert analysis, opinion and counsel on budgeting and strategy
- Build and lead a centralized demand team, partnering closely with paid/organic marketing channel owners and content marketing to launch A+ programs to business owners
- Lead by example in how marketing and sales can collaborate to achieve optimal outcomes (one team…one goal)
- Work closely with content and product marketing teams to identify which content assets are promoted to who, when, and at what cadence to target specific buying personas
- Partner with BizOps to forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline and bookings
- Continuously evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, adjusting demand tactics and strategy accordingly
- Push the envelope on adoption of new technology needed to build a truly world-class demand generation operation at Yelp
What it takes to succeed:
- 7-10+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on B2B demand generation
- Demonstrable experience managing and developing high-performing teams – an inspiring leader
- Experience in B2B marketing required; experience with local SMB segment preferred
- A builder at heart, with an innate ability to challenge “normal” and execute on new playbooks
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate key points to partners
- Strong knowledge of how to partner with Marketing Ops, Sales Ops and SDR orgs
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Yelp by applying today.
- Job Category: Marketing
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA 🇺🇸
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.