WorkWhile is on a mission to help workers earn a better living and live better lives. 83 million Americans work hourly jobs, often with unpredictable schedules that pay close to minimum wage and offer limited benefits, leading to financial instability.
WorkWhile hires the best hourly workers and matches them with shifts that fit their skills, location, and life. Employers get access to a quality workforce, while employees get stable income and unmatched benefits, including access to credit and savings tools.
We have the audacious goal to align incentives and solve inefficiencies in the labor market, which is a massive addressable market opportunity. Our founding team is comprised of product and engineering leaders from Yahoo, Facebook, and AirBnB and we are backed by top tier investors.
About the Role
The digital marketing intern will work closely with the CEO and leadership team to create communications designed to connect workers with more job opportunities. Leveraging email and mobile channels, the intern will write copy and design communications to send to our workers and customers. This is a great opportunity to work at a fast-growing, early-state start up. The position is remote and paid with flexible hours.
- Work with leadership to create compelling content for emails, sms, push notifications, and other communications with the goal of helping more workers find work
- Create professional-looking communications using existing design library
- Configure and maintain marketing automation systems such as Autopilot, Mailchimp, and Hubspot
- Perform analysis to track effectiveness of campaigns
- Self-starter able to drive projects to completion who is excited to be working with an early-stage startup
- Commitment to improving the lives of hourly workers. Big plus if you’ve worked a lot of hourly jobs (retail, food service, etc)
- Fluency in digital marketing channels such as email, social. Able to communicate a big idea in 140 characters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for storytelling
- Fluent in Excel, SQL skills a plus
- Current undergraduate or graduate student available 15-20 hours a week
- This is a paid position
WorkWhile is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with WorkWhile by applying today.
- Job Category: Marketing
- Job Type: Part Time
- Remote: Anywhere 🌎
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.