Founded in 2010, Scrapinghub is a fast growing and diverse technology business turning web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services.
We’re a globally distributed team of over 185 Shubbers working from over 30 countries who are passionate about scraping, web crawling, and data science.
About the Job:We have established products that already have product-market fit where you’ll help to grow the business and stay up to date with market demands. At the same time, you’ll be working to iterate quickly on testing new opportunities to help determine which are worth continued investment. We’re a data driven team that defines success by business result rather than completion of a task. Finally, you’ll excel in this role as an independent thinker that can always find a way to move projects forward, even if you might be the only team member online at that time.
About the team:
- Collaborate with other team members on projects, and help drive them from prototype to completion
- Build composable, reusable components for our complex SPA
- Relentlessly strive to build easy to maintain systems via refactoring
- Be proactive in bringing forth new ideas and solutions to problems
- Be a strong team player and share knowledge freely and easily with your co-workers
- Experience building SPAs with modern frontend frameworks
- Experience integrating frontend applications with restful APIs
- You have a love for continuous learning
- Comfortable using Git for source-code version control
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Angular (2+) framework
- Layout using modern CSS features like flexbox and grid
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (SCSS preferred)
- Websockets and service worker experience
- Experience with UX in a data-driven application
- As a new Shubber, you will:
- Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
- Have the freedom and flexibility to work from where you do your best work.
- Attend conferences and meet with team members from across the globe (virtually for now).
- Work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
- 35 days paid holidays
- Enrol in Scrapinghub’s Share Option Programme
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.