At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app — one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the world-class engineering team at the company that’s redefining how people travel. As Senior Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying the complex backend systems that power Hopper’s award-winning user experience.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Build automated solutions that simplify the customer service journey
- Build robust and performant infrastructure that supports millions of bookings per year
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Leverage and contribute to a rich microservice architecture system
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Passion for building engaging user experiences
- Experience building automated solutions to simplify complicated manual processes
- Thrived in backend engineering positions and delivered user experience at scale
- Experience or curiosity to learn distributed system development in Scala
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Software Developers, and highly skilled travel agents
- Ability to focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- A desire to help its team to continuously improve
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.