At Buildkite we build tools to help the best software teams stay happy and productive. We’ve rethought how CI/CD should work and have built a platform that is fast, reliable, secure, and is able to scale to the needs of the most demanding high-growth tech companies. To-date, our growth has been fueled entirely by word-of-mouth by some of the best technology companies in the world including Shopify, Pinterest, Wayfair, Cruise, PagerDuty, CultureAmp, and Canva.
Buildkite is a differently shaped company that values work-life balance and supports staff to work the ways that make sense for them. From the beginning, our goal has been to build a company that was profitable, grew sustainably, and had a strong, people-centered culture. We’re currently a distributed team of twenty-nine humans working remotely from Seattle, Vancouver, Perth, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Tokyo, Oakland, Wellington, Berlin, and Melbourne.
About The Role
When it comes to sales, we believe that our primary job is to help customers solve problems. We have an amazing product that customers love, but we also know that a human touch during the trial process improves the chances of closing a deal. As a Customer Advocate, you will be a member of the Customer Success team. Customer Success is responsible for the entire customer experience, from pre-sales through onboarding and account management, to retention. Your focus will be on pre-sales, where you will help build and execute a process that creates a delightful user experience that leads to more customers signing up for paid accounts.
What You‘ll Do
- Lead qualifying and lead follow-up. Your day to day tasks will include triaging new trials or identified leads and following up on the most interesting ones.
- Help customers run successful trials and guide them to converting to paid users by, solving engineering problems, connecting them to the right people to remove hurdles and navigating security and procurement questions.
- Automate and optimize existing processes by collaborating with Marketing on the lead conversion process, collaborating with Product, Support, and Documentation to improve the self-service onboarding process
- While the focus is on pre-sales, your functions may include post-sales activities such as, renewal of Enterprise annual plans, sending out overage invoices and upgrading smaller accounts to the Enterprise plan
Things We Are Looking For
- Experience in sales or account management in a technical environment, ideally in the developer tools space. You should be comfortable talking about commercial terms and know how to close deals.
- Engineering skills, ideally with some experience with CI/CD. You should be technical enough to set up and use Buildkite yourself.
- The ability to understand and articulate customers’ engineering needs.
- Curiosity and the desire to improve processes and drive change.
- Flexibility, as you will wear multiple hats.
- You are happy working remotely and are comfortable taking initiative when blocked but you also enjoy being part of a team and collaborating via remote tools such as Zoom and Basecamp.
Timezone: Remote, with overlap with PST & AEST
Hours: Part time or full time
Role Type: Permanent
Apply for this job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let Buildkite know you found this position on Wrils.com
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.