For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world’s best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
This position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances are reflected in the financial statements. You have a strong attention to detail and are naturally analytical. You are excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment and are a quick study. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
Your Next Challenge:
- Prepare approximately 70 monthly account reconciliations for bank account, credit card clearing, and cash clearing accounts. Reconcile payments with batched reports, sales receipts, cash reporting, and Point of Sales data.
- Conduct deep-dive investigations into historical accounting transactions to identify and correct inaccuracies within the Cash Management module of Oracle.
- Understanding of various accruals, foreign exchange, and inter-company transactions.
- Strong comprehension of system movement between General Ledger and Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable sub-ledgers. Work directly with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams to provide guidance on how to clear reconciled items.
- Responsible for preparing, analyzing, and presenting month-end actual to forecast variance analysis reports to cost center owners. This will require partnering closely with other functional leaders.
- Improve and adapt cash accounting processes and provide contributions to enhancing controls and efficiencies.
- Prepare routine month-end close journal entries (credit card expense, Accounts Receivable, Inter-company cash transfers, Bank fees, Accrued Taxes, Accounts Payable accruals, etc.)
- Supports other ad hoc projects as needed. An example of our current ad hoc project is implementation of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software to improve efficiencies and alleviate mundane tasks.
- As requested, fulling audit requests for external audit teams. This includes tracing transactions from invoices into batch payments/receipts and finally into the bank statements.
- Collaborate with the Accounts Payable team to resolve internal customer service requests.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work productively in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Performs work under direct to limited supervision following prescribed procedures.
- Demonstrates basic to intermediate technical accounting ability and challenges current process/reports for continuous improvement.
- Experience with Oracle, Blackline and Oracle Hyperion Clouda plus.
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this position is a remote work from home 6 month contract with the potential to convert to a Full-time position in our Seattle office in the future.
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Getty Images by applying today.
- Job Category: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA 🇺🇸
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.