Anchore is a company with an important mission: to help teams create and deploy software safely using modern container infrastructure. We operate in a dynamic, fast-growing market segment with a strong belief that Anchore will become the defining technology company for DevSecOps. Our technology is currently in use at major enterprises and the United States Department of Defense.
Founded in Santa Barbara, California, Anchore has expanded rapidly with team members in Colorado, North Carolina, D.C Metro area, as well as remotely throughout the United States and Europe. We value kindness, ownership and openness above all else. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the future of software development and who want to be part of a collaborative team that truly makes a difference.
Anchore is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, and outgoing Community Manager. Playing a crucial leadership role in Anchore open source projects, the Community Manager is responsible for developing and nurturing a vibrant, engaged community of users, contributors, and advocates.
What you can expect to be doing
- Planning and executing programs that generate interest and create opportunity for broad participation
- Evangelizing Anchore open source projects at industry and community events
- Interacting with the community consistently to share news, connect people, and recognize contribution
- Establishing a leadership position for Anchore in the open source community
- Maintaining key relationships with projects and foundations in the DevOps and security communities
- Participating in the Anchore product and business processes, representing the needs of the community at-large
What you’ll need to bring
- 3+ years of experience in community management, software engineering, or another related field
- Hands-on experience with community processes and conventions
- Demonstrated communication and public speaking skills
- Proven technical acumen
- Proven understanding of containers and current DevOps practices
- Proven ability to manage a variety of stakeholders with competing goals
What we’d love to see
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience working with the Federal government or Public Sector
- A passion for community building
At Anchore, you can expect a challenging role within one of the fastest growing startups in the hottest space in today’s technology market. We are well-funded with a strong customer base. We offer very competitive salaries, industry standard benefits (e.g. medical/dental/vision care, flexible vacation, etc), and stock-option grants.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. Anchore reserves the right to conduct a background check on applicants after a conditional offer of employment is made.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.