Pixel Union and Out of the Sandbox are leading designers of premium themes and apps for the Shopify ecommerce platform. We’re focused on helping our merchants — entrepreneurs, innovators, brands, and businesses large and small — succeed by providing them with the world’s best digital products, backed by exceptional customer support.
We are a team of 85+ across all departments, with headquarters in Victoria, BC, and remote team members distributed across Canada and beyond.
About the role:
Do you love what you do and enjoy working with good people? Our tight-knit team is made up of designers, developers, project managers and support staff who love what they do, bring passion and energy to their work, and don’t settle for anything less than the best results.
We are currently looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our team, full-time for a 2 month contract. You will collaborate closely with other support/Success specialists to provide exceptional customer support for our wide variety of digital products, make sure our customers’ needs are met and potential concerns are heard and addressed in the best way possible. Specifically, your role within the team will involve the following:
What you’ll be doing…
- You will be the face of the company and front line of contact for customers;
- You will be prepared to answer any question and be ready to dig deeper when needed;
- You will help our customers bring their vision to reality;
- You will be authoring documentation, tutorials and articles for our customers;
- You will work closely with the Support/QA teams, Developers, Designers, Marketing and other divisions;
- You will be a driving factor of Pixel Union’s success.
- Some HTML/CSS knowledge, ideally experience within the Shopify and/or BigCommerce platforms
- Eagerness to learn new skills
- Passion about ecommerce and technology
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Terrific people/communication/writing skills;
- Comfortability multitasking
- Great attention to detail
If you have these skills that’s a huge plus!
- Experience with Liquid or other templating engines
Please include a cover letter with your application – we’d love to better understand your background and experiences. We value diverse perspectives and believe that skills are transferable!
Pixel Union is a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We come to the office (wherever that may be) to work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around good people. Here, you will work with a fun group of people on challenging and rewarding tasks.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Pixel Union by applying today.
- Job Category: Customer Support
- Job Type: Contract
- Remote: Anywhere in Canada 🇨🇦
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.