At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Our customers range from individual developers to large enterprises that are well known brand names and they collectively interact with millions of consumers. We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our global Abuse Prevention team. The ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity, operating in the grey, enjoys solving complex problems, establishing productive workflows, diving into data and being a builder. In this role, you will work with Product Managers, Compliance, Legal and team members across the organization to develop successful customer education and enforcement strategies to deliver on business objectives.
We are excited about the candidates with the following traits:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or similar discipline or equivalent job experience.
- You have 7+ years of people management or program management experience, leading cross-functional teams/ initiatives.
- You have demonstrated good judgment and the ability to work well under pressure.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to present effectively and articulate concepts/ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- You are comfortable interacting with customers and understand the challenges of being a small to mid-size business. Prior entrepreneurial experience is a major plus.
- You have demonstrated the ability to proactively identify and launch process improvements that have a significant, positive, business impact.
- You have experience evaluating operational performance, building forecasts and finding creative solutions to operating constraints.
- You have strong relationship building and collaboration skills.
- You are comfortable with and able to navigate ambiguity successfully.
- You are able to work with remote teams and across time zones to foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Experience in the compliance, fraud, abuse or user protection space preferred but not required.
- Hire and coach a team of 8-10 Abuse Prevention Specialists who handle sensitive issues, escalations, identify policy compliance gaps, create remediation plans and take enforcement actions.
- Ensure your team has the critical thinking skills, the training, tools, and guidance necessary to analyze suspicious behavior and make decisions with a high rate of precision.
- Help your team achieve excellent performance and regularly assess your team’s ability to achieve performance goals and objectives such as productivity goals, SLAs, bad actor and loss reduction targets, etc.
- HelpTwilio customers strike the right balance between achieving their business goals and sending trusted, wanted communications to consumers.
- Establish appropriate customer enforcement strategies that include feature deactivation, account suspension or account closure.
- Identify, communicate, and own process improvements to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of your team.
- Collaborate successfully with PMs and team members throughout organization on products, tools and analytical systems used for identifying unwanted communications, across all channels in our network.
- Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistency in case work and actions taken.
- Track key metrics, analyze performance to industry standards, and communicate the results.
- Keep up to date with industry developments related to unwanted communications.
- Manage confidential consumer and company information, adhering to company and legal guidelines.
- Get your hands dirty – learn how to use Twilio products, be able to perform an investigation, understand at an expert level the tools being used by your team, be a subject matter expert in fraud prevention and the metrics that measure the success of your team.
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for someone to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 25% travel expected both domestically and internationally.. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.