60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Controller will be integral to planning and executing all operational accounting functions. You will assist the Director of Finance in building and implementing a world-class close process, working with your team to prepare and oversee financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, and managing the annual audit.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience managing a team of accounting professionals
- A CPA designated person with a strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience in a growing a SaaS technology company
- Advanced business acumen mindset with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with NetSuite ERP
- Advanced Excel skills
- A roll-up-your sleeves attitude and a team player
What you can expect:
- Mentor, coach, train, and retain a team of accounting professionals
- Ensure that a successful close process is implemented and executed
- Review and report monthly, quarterly, and annual Financial Statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Review, recommend, and implement new accounting standards
- Own the balance sheet forecast/budget
- Oversee internal controls over financial reporting
- Manage banking/treasury Be the SME of the monthly financial results
- Own & oversee all external audits including year-end financial statement audits and audits from governing/tax authorities
- Work with external auditors to coordinate activities
- Continually look for process improvement opportunities and implement new processes when needed
- Manage all financial data needed for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Develop and track business performance metrics to provide leaders with vital information needed to make decisions
- Evaluate accounting & internal control systems, as well as the effectiveness of the accounting software and supporting database
- Prepare external reporting requirements in connection with bank requirements
- Act as the go-to person between finance and other teams for systems, process changes, and implementations
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with 1Password by applying today.
- Job Category: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA/Canada 🇺🇸🇨🇦
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.