At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
You are a Technical Program Manager who will lead the planning, the planning, management, communication, and governance of Couchbase Cloud’s programs and projects in a collaborative, fast-paced, disciplined, results oriented environment. Couchbase is growing rapidly, and the Cloud teams are at the forefront of our growth. You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. Our systems have scaled well to date but we need to expand our capabilities an order of magnitude. What this means is that we need to successfully formulate, organize, coordinate, and monitor interconnected projects and programs of large scope, impact, and complexity through all phases of the life cycle.
Here’s a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you’ll have earned the trust of the team and channeled their talents to establish a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery with high-quality work.
*In 6 months time- you and your team will have established a reputation for being predictable, by delivering high-quality software that is reliable, stable, and secure.
*In 12 months time- you will have made a material impact on the organization by implementing the processes and automations to ensure Couchbase Cloud has a world-class offering and that the internal processes and approach are well managed and predictable, and teams, stakeholders and customers are delighted.
This role is also open to remote work within (USA, UK) as our teams are distributed all over the world! We are a remote-first team. Prior experience working remotely is not required; however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Formulate, organize, coordinate, and monitor inter-connected projects and programs that setup distributed teams for success
- Ensure clarity of cross-functional requirements with clear success criteria
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Resolve issues affecting scope, quality, and schedules
- Effectively manage change and resources while escalating and managing risks at the earliest possible opportunity
- Assess and report program performance with an aim to reduce risk and assure predictability and stability
- Facilitate process to ensure work gets done to expectations without dictating or individually assigning work
- Assist with internal and external communications and change management efforts, improve transparency, and drive adoption
- Grow teams of talented people, ensuring they deliver high quality, timely output and that they are happy, motivated, and growing
- Scale human and computer systems to accommodate hyper growth
- Work with the product team to clarify and specify the future of the product
- Contribute to shaping the future of the organization
- Ensure issues and backlog is managed effectively and timely
- Manage program vendors
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience
- You thrive at identifying areas for improvement and developing and implementing approaches to improve
- You are confident you will thrive at successfully formulating, organizing, and monitoring interconnected projects and programs of large scope, impact, and complexity through all phases of the life cycle
- You have a deep understanding of software requirements, development, testing, testability, reliability, and supportability
- You are kind and collaborative
- You communicate clearly, precisely, and effectively
- You have proven experience managing highly technical programs and projects
- You excel at ensuring stakeholders and teams love working together
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- You enjoy working with ambiguity and in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback and regular dialogue and collaboration as a fundamental skill for our team members.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to make realistic assessments of product complexity and risk and mitigate
- You thrive in an environment with challenging problems to solve
- You have been a Software Engineer
- You have knowledge of public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- You have managed a high-velocity team that delivers software as often as they want to
- You have Couchbase Server experience
Couchbase’s mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we’ll take on the next great challenge together.
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Couchbase by applying today.
- Job Category: Management & Operations
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA 🇺🇸
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.