We are the people behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce. We’re looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer (Pipelines) to join our analytics team. As the data landscape evolves, so do our roles.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer, you will:
- Make our data available: you’ll work to connect data sources, design database models, and build ETL pipelines via Airflow.
- Make our data actionable: you’ll prototype and develop powerful Looker models to build smart dashboards that help our product and business teams succeed.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to better understand customer behavior, needs, and individual test results.
- Always be raising data quality. That includes auditing sources, documenting issues, driving resolutions together with other teams, and implementing well-documented, performant, and tested transformations.
- Work together with teams inside and outside our data organization to define clear metrics and meaningful tracking to drive the growth of our business
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re proficient in SQL: window functions and CTEs are part of our daily work.
- You have worked in a Hadoop ecosystem before (in the day to day, we use Impala, Hive, and Spark).
- You have used a data flow scheduling system like Airflow.
- You’re familiar with Scala, Java, Python, or PHP.
- You have experience with data integration, connectors, and related APIs.
- You have used a business intelligence platform: we use Looker, but other platforms and an ability to learn can go a long way.
- You have experience working across teams to deliver analytics solutions and are familiar with common metrics of software as a service (SaaS) business.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- You’re able to communicate clearly with and about data to technical and non-technical partners.
- You’re highly collaborative and experienced in working with business owners, executives, developers, and creatives to discuss data, strategy, and tests.
We are the company behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 70+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We encourage differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. Let us know what you can contribute to the team.
Please include answers to these questions in your application form:
- Tell us how the Analytics Engineer role fits into an Analytics organization, and how your experience and skills qualify you to play that role.
- Tell us about the time when you used analytics to accelerate business growth. How did you identify the opportunity, what actions did you take and what were the exact results of your contributions?
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.