At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app — one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join a rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for cloud architecture, configuration, deployment and site reliability engineering for Hopper’s core production services. We’re looking for passionate engineers that enjoy partnering with software engineering teams to build and maintain automation to accelerate cloud adoption. You will be asked to leverage your understanding of public cloud architectural design and Hopper’s software to design and implement solutions that are secure, scalable and operationally sound. Are you ready to come help architect the future Hopper with us?
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
The perfect candidate will possess the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a diverse audience across all areas of the organization. They will remain calm under pressure and always strive to add structure to high-pressure, fast paced tasks or projects.
- Deep expertise with GCP and/or AWS
- Experience running a mission critical service at scale
- Experience working with configuration, CICD and orchestration technologies (such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with physical and cloud networking
- Demonstrated expertise securing public cloud accounts, ideally in a hybrid-cloud model
- Strong background in Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering
- Fluency in least one modern programming language (Python, Go, Scala, etc)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Worked in Agile delivery teams and environment
- Experience creating automated solutions & eagerness to automate
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to use influence as effectively as direct control
- Working Knowledge of Terraform, Vault and other DevOps/Service tools
- Prior experience as a Linux System Administrator, ideally CentOS
- Experience with managing hosted services/SaaS
- Experience leading a team of engineers on large scale projects
- Experience mentoring and training other team members
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with Engineering leadership to build alignment between cloud, security and application architectures
- Drive solutions that improve our infrastructure capabilities, optimizing for security, cost, and operational simplicity
- Design, implement, and maintain the automation/services that seamlessly spans multiple data centers and cloud providers
- Work with cross organizational teams to develop best-in-breed solutions to complex problems
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Participate in on-call rotation and travel as needed
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 40 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Thank you for your interest and reading, we hope you’ll take your career leap with Hopper by applying today.
- Job Category: Management & Operations
- Job Type: Full Time
- Remote: Anywhere in USA/Canada 🇺🇸🇨🇦
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.