As our Head of International, you will lead Skillshare’s top growth initiative and accelerate our plan to be the leading global community for creative learning. We are already a global business, with more than 60% of all new students coming from outside the US. This is despite having no dedicated international growth efforts or localized content or product. We have a fresh $71 million in funding and are ready to invest in the numerous ways we can improve our user experience for teachers and students around the world. Reporting to our CEO, this will be a highly visible role internally within our leadership team, as well as externally.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Work with our CEO, executive team, Board of Directors, and key departmental leads to develop our global expansion strategy
- Partner with our marketing team to define marketing strategies for targeted regions
- Support our product development teams as we develop the international roadmap
- Work with our content and community teams to build the content strategy for targeted regions
- Design the international organization and define the reporting relationships with core departments
- Recruit, manage and develop the in-market teams, including regional/country managers to execute the strategy in that market
Why we’re excited about you:
- Experience: You have proven experience scaling a global consumer business in high-potential markets and bring pattern recognition and a playbook we can deploy
- Strategy: You can pull together a broad set of data and input and consolidate it into a clear and compelling strategy.
- Partnership: You excel at working across an organization and bringing the team together to execute on a plan
- Management: You have an eye for talent and invest in developing your team.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: International expansion is the keystone of our long-term growth strategy. You will play a key role in making Skillshare a globally recognized brand.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have tens of thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Adobe, Union Square Ventures, OMERS Growth Equity, Amasia, Spero Ventures, Burda Principal Investments, and Spark Capital.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.