More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the Support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We’re looking for an Enterprise Support Manager, in Asia Pacific, who will be responsible for the oversight and performance of a distributed staff answering customer support requests, triaging issues, and providing solutions. Candidates must currently be located in Australia, Japan, or New Zealand and possess legal working authorization.
The position reports to the Director of Enterprise Support and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers, customers, and interview candidates.
- Manage, mentor, and coach team members
- Provide career development planning and guidance
- Meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Hire, onboard, and train new team members
- Maintain cross-team communication between Support, Engineering, and Sales
- Work with the Enterprise Support Director on the development and execution of team strategy
- Work with Enterprise Support managers/teams to foster cross team collaboration
- Facilitate the implementation of new processes to improve customer support
- Promote and build upon the unique collaborative culture of Enterprise Support
- Handle and follow-up on customer escalations
- Collect and analyze support metrics to drive improvements
- Experience leading a globally distributed team
- Experience in technical support
- Experience with personnel hiring
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Passionate about creating and fostering good support practices
- Strong empathy for GitHub users and GitHub Support
Bonus points if you have
- Scaled a quickly growing support team
- Experience working and managing remotely
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Linux servers
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job please visit
You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.